10901 S. Commerce Blvd, Ste CCharlotte, NC 28273
John Rendleman Branch Team Leader
Zach Crews Operations Team Member
Randy Hilton Inside Sales Team Member
Mike Spillman Inside Sales Team Member
John Oliver Inside Sales Team Member
Bennett King Outside Sales Team Member
Gary Stansell Outside Sales Team Member
Hayden Briggs Delivery Driver Team Member
Nicholas Kern Delivery Driver Team Member
Henry Thomas Delivery Driver Team Member
Horizon Forest Products is the distributor of Impressions Flooring Collection and offers customers over 75 years of industry experience and one of the most comprehensive inventories of pre-finished and unfinished hardwood flooring, floor equipment, abrasives, finishes, fasteners, and accessories in the mid-Atlantic and Texas region.
We are searching for a qualified, dependable individual to join our delivery team. In this role you will be responsible for loading goods from the warehouse into your truck, transporting the load to the customer location, and unloading the shipment when you arrive. Our drivers must always drive safely and be professional and courteous when talking to our customers.
Our drivers do local deliveries only. Hours are typically Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a daily pre-trip inspections of the truck, alerting the Ops Manager to maintenance, damage, or mechanical issues
- Once at the site unload the order in accordance with the customers’ needs and the safety protocols of HFP. Hand loading will be mostly required with job site deliveries.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct and the customer is satisfied
- Safely lift and carry up to 100 pounds repetitively
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules
- Maintain current drivers and forklift certifications, follow all HFP safety protocols
- Return paperwork, including payments, to the Ops Manager
- Abiding by all transportation laws, maintain safe driving record
- Maintain log books and other documentation as set forth by the DOT and HFP
- Perform other duties as directed by Ops Manager
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- DOT medical certification
- Able to pass a background check and drug test