Its that time of the year! The days are longer, the sun is making more of an appearance, and hopefully that chilly weather is gone until the Fall. Its also a perfect time to take care of a few chores that might have gotten neglected in the past year. Here are a few spring cleaning ideas you can do to make sure your hardwood floors are staying in top shape!
- Clean baseboards (use a soft broom or old toothbrush to gently remove dust and debris from crevices).
- Replace your front and back door mats each year to make sure they are up to the job of removing any unwanted dirt and mud from your shoes.
- Make sure you remove all rugs and clean under them. Dirt can get under rugs and if you aren’t careful they can cause scratches over time.
- Check all feet (chairs, tables, sofas) and make sure no pads have been worn down or lost. Replace immediately if this is the case.
- Give your hardwood floors a good cleaning with a name brand hardwood floor cleaner. Be sure to use one that is made by a hardwood floor manufacturer, that way you know they have done their research on what chemicals won’t hurt your floors. Now is also a great time to purchase any refills you may need, or purchase a cleaning kit for the first time if you haven’t done so. We recommend the Impressions Hardwood Floor Cleaning Kit.
Available anywhere Impressions Hardwood Collection is sold.