About the Job:
A Large Hardwood Flooring Distributor in the Norfolk, Virginia area is looking for a sales representative for the area.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Growing, Profitable Company with proven track record
- Excellent, Experienced Sales Support
- Sales and Product Management Teams that are in tune with the changing needs of the market and are constantly adjusting to meet the needs of their customer base
- The Company has strong partner relationships with major flooring industry vendors
- Product offering that has clear competitive advantages
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in an assigned territory
- Focus sales efforts by planning and preparing for sales calls through research of products and buying
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on competing products
- Coordinate sales efforts with marketing, sales management, accounting and logistics
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer’s needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services
- Learns and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational schools and seminars; and reviewing professional publications
- Participates in trade shows and conventions
- Candidate must have previous hardwood flooring industry experience
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent selling and organizational skills
- Able to foster relationships with customers and understand their goals
- Eagerness to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- A self-motivated learner
- Have a helpful and friendly attitude towards customers, co-workers and vendors
- Able to clearly present product and service information one-on-one, in group settings and on the phone
Company offers a comprehensive and highly competitive salary and benefits package that includes major medical insurance and a 401k retirement plan.