Eco Ultimate Silencer
Acoustical Underlayment with Moisture Barrier
Made with recycled granulated rubber tires and high density frothed polyurethane foam using rapidly renewable resources (soybean polyols and vegetable oils)
- Reduces floor noise by providing excellent sound absorption
- Exceeds Air Quality and Flammability standards
- 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly
- Contains Ultra-Fresh®; anti microbial treatment
- Quick and easy installation (no additional seaming tape needed)
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- Adds thermal value and suitable for use with radiant heat flooring
- Crushpruf™ technology that resists indentations
The Eco Ultimate Silencer™ maintains the beauty of your floor like nothing else.
The Eco Ultimate Silencer™ underlayment can stand up to the pressure.
- Eco Ultimate Silencer™ is made with 100% post consumer recycled granulated rubber tires and high-density polyurethane foam using rapidly renewable resources (soybean polyols and vegetable oils)
- Suitable for floating, glue down, and nail down laminate, wood, LVT and vinyl plank flooring.
- New revolutionary moisture barrier film for the best bond strength, durability and moisture protection up to 4 lbs. of pressure. In geographic areas where concrete subfloors are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride moisture test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 4 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hrs. will require additional protection such as concrete sealant or polyethylene sheeting.
- Contains Ultra-Fresh®, an antimicrobial protection that resists mold and mildew
- Crushpruf™ technology resists indentation that enables your floors to perform to its fullest potential and last a lifetime
- Provides cushioned comfort under hard laminate flooring
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- Offers the industry’s best limited lifetime warranty
- Suitable for radiant heat flooring systems
- Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
- 3/4″ interior plywood, OSB flooring, gypsum board, gypcrete
- Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
- Cement backer units
- Existing vinyl, wood, and laminate floors
- Subfloor should be clean and dry
- Follow the wood manufacturer’s installation instructions for any additional preparation
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION requires no additional seaming tape, cuts with a knife
- Install Eco-Ultimate Silencer™ with film DOWN on subfloor.
- For floating and nail down installations, roll out underlayment with tape strip next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap) and covering the moisture barrier film. Remove the tape strip and secure the overlapping moisture barrier film.
- For double glue down installation for wood flooring, use a urethane based adhesive (based on the adhesive manufacturer’s recommendation) with a 1/16″ – 3/32″ trowel on the subfloor. For LVT and vinyl plank flooring, use an acrylic or pressure-sensitive adhesive (based on the adhesive manufacturer’s requirement) with a 1/16″ – 3/32″ trowel on the subfloor. Trim off the excess overlapping film. Roll out underlayment with tape strip next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Roll with a 35 -75 lb. roller to smooth out any air pockets and to secure a good bond to the adhesive.
- Install flooring according to the vinyl/wood manufacturer’s installation instructions.
Available in 3′ x 33.34′ (100 sq. ft.) rolls and 6′ x 75′ (450 sq. ft.) contractor size rolls
100% High-Density Polyurethane foam underlayment blended with post consumer recycled granulated rubber tires and bonded to a moisture vapor film.
Thickness — .075″
Density — 25 LBS
Weight — 2.35 oz/sq.ft.
Antimicrobial Treatment — ULTRA-FRESH™
Thermal Resistance — R-Value .17
Compression Resistance ASTM D3676 — 20 psi
Compression Set ASTM D3574 — 8.3 %
Flammability Rating — Passes Federal Flammability Standards DOC-FF-1-70
Smoke Density — Passes, 110 max
Product Emissions — Exceeds VOC emissions requirements, environmentally friendly
Impact Insulation Class (IIC) This method is to measure the impact sound transmission performance of a floor-ceiling assembly (sound transmission through the floor)
|73||Vinyl Plank||6″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|73||Laminate/Engineered||8″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|70||Laminate/Engineered||6″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|58||Hardwood||6″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|53||Vinyl Plank||6″ concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
|52||Laminate/Engineered||6″ concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
Sound Transmission Class (STC) This method is to measure the air-borne sound insolating property of a partition element for effectiveness in blocking sound
|68||Vinyl Plank||6″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|73||Laminate/Engineered||6″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|77||Laminate/Engineered||8″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|53||Hardwood||6″ concrete with ceiling assembly|
|51||Vinyl Plank||6″ concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
|51||Laminate/Engineered||6″ concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
Delta IIC The db rating difference between a floor measured with an underlayment and with no underlayment
ΔIIC — 22 — (up to a 78% db sound reduction)
MR 4.1 — 10% recycled content
MR 4.2 — 20% recycled content
MR 5.1 — 10% content manufactured within 500 miles of project
MR 5.2 — 20% content manufactured within 500 miles of project
MR 6 — Rapidly renewable resource
EQ 4.3 — Low emitting VOC’s